lauantai 22. elokuuta 2015

Kessu ja krassi ja papune - Tobacco and cress in bloom

20150821_182753

Ei oo ennää laitonta! Mie tarkistin. Nää siemenet on jääneet maaha edelliskesist, ja viel sielt nousoot. Kuulemma hyvä tuholaiskarkote on tää.

Growing your own tobacco was illegal at some point, but no more. I had tobacco in the garden last year and some of the seeds survived. It's supposed to be a good repellent for unwanted bugs.

20150821_183553

Krassii! Kohta saap kerätä siemenii.
Cress is blooming too which means seeds in the near future.

20150822_161936

Tänää riivin melko annokse härkäpappuu. Normist kuivatan ja sit talvel liotan yö yli ja keitän, mut nyt aittelinkii kokkeilla tuoreen. Osan söin suoraa paloist, täst ko o kahelaista näkemystä, toiset sannoot jot ei saa ko on myrkylline, toine sannoo taas jot siitä vaa ja et ihmist on vaa unohtanneet jot voip syyvä tuolleekii. No mie söin enkä viel oo kuolt. Sit mie ryöppäsin nää nopsaa, jäähytin ja pistin annospussiloihe pakkasee. Huomen tien saman homman, nii jot sit ko haluvaa papuloi ruokaa lisätä, ei tarvihe harmitella jot oisinpas eile illal älynt laittaa höijät likkoomaa. Samalviisii keitän ja pakastan kyl kuivattuikii papuloi, nii jot kidneytä ja härkäpappuu on melkei ain valmiin pakkases. Ja kikherneitä tietyst kans. Eivät vie pakastimes paljoo tillaa, ja säästyyhä siin sähköö/kaasuu/puutakii ko keittää isomma annokse kerral.

Muuteha tää päivä män jäteveepuhistamo tyhjäykses, siit en ota kuuvvii, paska homma, mut tulpaha tehtyy. Pesasin autonkii ko kerta ol kellii moisee hommaa, ni jot sit on hyvä kuskata suvuvanhinta eikä helmat ota pöllyy autohelmuksist.

I shelled quite a lot of fava beans today. Normally I dry them and then soak them overnight and cook for an hour but this time I wanted to preserve the fresh taste, so I parboiled them and then put them in the freezer. I ate some from the pods - there seem to be two kinds of opinions on this, some say they're poisonous that way, others claim that people (in the Western developed countries) have just forgotten how to use them and that eating them raw is quite sensible and healthy. So I conducted a test on myself, and did not die.

I try to have all kinds of beans and lentils in the house. I also soak and cook and then freeze at least kidney and fava beans and chickpeas once in a while so that if I want to add them to a dish, they're ready. I also freeze hummus and pesto and falafel mix. They do not take that much space in the freezer, also it saves energy to soak and cook a bigger batch at a time.

Otherwise I spent this lovely hot day outside. I washed the car, the weather was perfect for that. I also emptied the bin of the waste water cleaning unit. A shitty job, but now it's done. No, there will be no Instagram photos of the job.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti